Careful aftercare is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting result.
• It’s important not to get the brows wet during the healing process (5 - 7 days).
• When applying ointments, the following procedure is done each morning and night or before a shower or workout for the full five days: Apply the product, leave it on for five to ten minutes (or while in shower), then with a tissue or dry cotton wipe gently across each brow once to get off the excess goo, then dab each brow till it is dry, after a couple minutes dab again to ensure that nothing is left on the brow. However, starting on day three when scab starts to appear, do not wipe - only dab till dry, you must be gentle, do not pull off the scabs prematurely. Your brows should remain dry all day and all night. Following this procedure will ensure the formation of thin scabs thus more color retention. Keep out of the sun for seven days. Then after seven days wear sunscreen to aid in the longevity of your tattoo.
• As instructed apply the ointments with freshly washed hands or a Q-tip. Never touch the procedure area without washing your hands immediately before.
It is very important to keep the brows covered with ointment while in shower or during a strenuous workout to prevent moisture from penetrating. Remove ointment per above instructions.
• Do not scrub, rub or pick at the epithelial crust that forms. Allow it to flake off by itself. If it is removed before it is ready the pigment underneath it can be pulled out.
• Do not use any makeup on the brows for at least 5-7 days.
• After the procedure is completely healed, you make go back to your regular cleansing and makeup routine. Avoid scrubbing the area. Use sun block after the procedure area is healed to protect from sun fading.
• FAILURE TO FOLLOW AFTER-CARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN INFECTIONS, PIGMENT LOSS OR DISCOLORATION.
Cautions: If the skin around the eyebrows breaks out in a heat rash, small pimples, this is usually a reaction to the numbing solution and should go away by itself in a couple weeks, don’t pick. Please call immediately if this occurs so a technician can make note of the reaction and follow up to ensure this is not a more serious situation.
Do Not use any Retin-A or Glycolic Acids in the brow area during or after healing!
Do Not scrub or pick treated areas!
Do Not expose area to the sun or tanning beds!
Avoid swimming pool for 7-14 days!
Do Not dye or tweeze eyebrows for one week after the procedure!
Failure to follow post procedure instructions may result in infection or loss/discoloration of pigment.
What is normal?
• Mild swelling,itching,light scabbing,light bruising and dry tightness. Ice packs are a nice relief for swelling and bruising. Aftercare ointments work well for scabbing and tightness.
• Too dark and slightly uneven appearance. After 2-7 days the darkness will fade,and once any swelling dissipates unevenness usually disappears. If it is too dark or still a bit uneven after 4 weeks then we will make adjustments during the touch up appointment.
• Color change or color loss. As the procedure area heals, the color will lighten and sometimes seem to disappear in places. This can all be addressed during the touch up appointment which is why a touch up is necessary. The procedure area has to heal completely before we can address any concerns. Healing takes about four weeks.
• Need a touch up months later. A touch up may be needed 6 months to 1 year after the first touch up procedure depending on your skin, medications, and sun exposure. We recommend the first touch up 30 days after the first session. Then every 6 months to 1 year to keep them looking fresh and beautiful. Future touch up sessions will cost the current touch up rate at the time you have it done. If most of the hair strokes have faded, the entire procedure will need to be repeated. An email photo consultation may be necessary to determine if you need a touch up or a repeat of the entire procedure.The client shall consult a health care practitioner at the first sign of infection or an allergic reaction, and report any diagnosed infection, allergic reaction, or adverse reaction resulting from the tattoo to the artist and to the TDSH Services, Drugs and Medical Devises Group at 1-888-839-6676